Thérèse Lee Parent
I am a former secondary-school English teacher with additional professional training and experience in indexing and editing. I have been copy editing since 2005 and indexing since 2011.
My editing experience is primarily with scholarly and popular texts in the social sciences and humanities. I have edited a wide range of subject matter, from student texts and teacher manuals to cookbooks and how-to guides.
My indexing has been primarily with user manuals for computer programs and electronic devices, as well as texts in the social sciences and the humanities.
Education and Training
- Copy Editing for Books, Journals, and Reports
- Publishing in the Electronic Age
- Substantive and Line Editing
- Publishing for Children
- Scholarly and Reference Publishing
- Proofreading for Books, Journals, and Reports
University of California – Berkeley
- Indexing: Theory and Application
London School of Journalism
- Freelance and Feature Writing
University of Ottawa
- Master of Arts (English)
- Editors’ Association of Canada
- Indexing Society of Canada
- American Society for Indexing